Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Cousin the Writer

My cousin (Melissa Carter of SLC) is posting some poems that she's written on her blog, and these two I love so much I just had to share. Tell me what you think....



The Fruits of Marriage

"Come, watch me eat tomatoes
And tell lies."
.
Those are his words, not mine.
.
The first lie was;
That he liked the tomatoes.
.
The second lie was;
When he pretended to be happy with me.
.
I know better.
I know who I am.
.
Hey, the man was hungry. There was
Nothing to eat. Only
Substandard, overripe garden fruits.
.
Still, he did eat those tomatoes, and
He fed me lies.
.
Because he honestly loves me.


Mother's Dream

My mother had a vivid dream,
And in it, she was fishing on a stream.
.
She caught something heavy, and hollered, "Help - Please!"
"This thing! It's bigger than my capabilities!"
.
Her helpmate heard this and he ran to meet her.
Together, they pulled in a Golden Retriever.
.
This dream may sound like an absurdity,
But I knew what it meant, and so did She.

2 comments:

Chan N Lan said...

Great poems!

Melissa: said...

You flatter me, dah-ling...really. You could have posted about what a lousy, flaky personal trainer I am.

And you didn't.

That's true friendship. ;)

M