Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Three weeks left!


We just got back from the Perinatalogist and they have set an induction date of May 7th at 7:30 am (39weeks and 2 days). The tumor is still growing steadily (12.58 cm circumference today), but the baby still seems to be doing well. No further information on what to expect after he is born.
*
It looks like is going to be pretty small - he's only measuring in the 20th percentile. They say he'll be around six pounds on May 7th. Mylee was eight pounds five days early so that seems really small to me but the doctor says it is "not cause for concern."
*
Of course with my blasted gestational diabetes my first thought was "somebody get me a cookie!" But it was a no go - they would rather him be healthy than just big. Darn it:)
*
This cute bunny is for our baby boy. It sleeps in our bed every night, and we'll leave it with him for when we can't be with him at the hospital. It gives me comfort to be able to hold it and picture my guy dragging it around by one ear someday.
*
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

Linn said...

Oh Melinda, we will be praying SO hard from now until then...and after. I hope you know how often I think of you, your sweet baby and your darling family.

PS. That bunny is adorable--perfect for such an amazing little guy.

Circe said...

I love the bunny. We'll put that date on our calendar and be here waiting for any call to help that you can think of. Definitely dinner and babysitting to start with, and lots of prayers.

Melissa: said...

What a darling bunny. I love it! What a great idea...

I love you and I'm so amazed by you! I'm so glad you're going to get to go full term, that is wonderful!

We'll keep praying!

Love you,
Melissa

Jennifer said...

Tell me your favorite treat so I can buy you some to pack in your hospital bag!

You are in my prayers.

kimbob said...

Those next 3 weeks will go by so quickly, you all will be in our prayers as well. The bunny is so cute and can only imagine him dragging it around. Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy!

Heidi said...

Melinda - I love you! Our prayers are with you and your family at this time. I hope all goes well with the delivery and the aftermath. Please let us know how things go.

Big hugs!

Phillip and Mary said...

Hey Melinda,
I Love you so much. I can't get you off my mind! I have been praying for you so hard, and I decided I'm going to join Melissa in a fast of sweets until he's born. It's the best I can do because I am nursing...I just wish I could do more. I am so thrilled that I will be Utah when he is born and I will have like, NOTHING but time. I can take Mylee everyday! I can cook every meal!

There is a pediatric intensive care doctor in our ward out here. I asked him about your situation and he said the surgery/chemo plan is definitley a logical course of action. He personally knows the two surgeouns at Primary (Eric something and some lady, I think Heather something?), and has worked with them both. He said they are fabulous and he would have either one do surgery on any of his children. You are in a great place!

How are you holding up?! You must be getting translated soon! You are so amazing! I LOVE YOU!

Mary