Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Do we have to do this?

Over the weekend we started potty training Mylee (starting Thursday afternoon).


By Saturday morning we were at the car show in South Jordan and doing lunch at the Mayan. We had so much fun together and Mylee is still talking about the divers.

For those of you thinking "that was fast." You're right.... it was fast of us to GIVE UP! By the time Saturday morning came around I was pretty darn sick of potty training. When Mylee woke up I asked her is she wanted to put on underwear or a diaper. She chose the diaper, and we went on a spontanious day of family fun.

She learned a lot, and we'll try again soon -
but I've never been more content to change her diaper!




4 comments:

Circe said...

Been there! Some kids train themselves, some make you suffer for a whole year. You might as well take a break! :)

Melissa: said...

We are soooo peas in a pod, you and I.

Besides, it's my philosophy that they pretty much decide when they're ready anyway!

She is so cute Melinda!

Amanda said...

Oh, man! I HATE potty-training! I feel your pain. Just remind yourself that at some point in time everyone gets trained! As my neighbor's doctor pointed out to her, have you ever known a young man on a mission in diapers? Nope! So eventually it happens! Good luck in the future. And let me know when you try again, I'll bring you sanity chocolate! Mom's need a treat for trying too!

Heidi said...

Good luck with the potty training! When you get it all figured out, let me know. I'll just drop Josh off at your house and you can train him too:)