Wednesday, October 21, 2009

2 cents

Ever since the hype of Y2K (that turned out to be nothing) - I've been sceptical about anything too hyped up by the media. My tune has officially changed. We've spent the last week with the swine flu, and it is just as bad as they make it out to be.

I'll spare you the details of our PITIFUL and continual suffering. I wanted to do this post for anyone who may be currently well. It is worth it to do what you have to do to avoid this! Go stand in line for the vaccine, stay home from the family party where cousin bill "isn't feeling well" because it will be worth it!

We got Zach in early enough that they prescribed him the Tamiflu medicine - but so far I don't see that it is making his any easier than Mike or Mylee's. Maybe it will be shorter, we'll see. I so far have been well enough to take care of the rest of the family. That has been a huge blessing.

Good health to you all....

5 comments:

Phillip and Mary said...

thank you! I feel terrible for you!!!!!!!!!! A child in our primary has it and I have quarantined my family for half a week so far and I've felt dumb about it...NO MORE! I wish you all the best! Yikes!

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry.

I'm going to bring you dinner tonight. No saying no! Because if you're not hungry tonight, I'm pretty sure you'll be hungry another night. :)

Adrienne Silva said...

Hi Melinda and family. Hope everyday is finding you feeling much much better. They have actually closed the schools over here to try and keep everyone healthy during the winter.

The kids are adorable - and have gotten so big - it's hard to see time fly so fast.

I am not into the new technology, but you can reach me at silva.adrienne@gmail.com.

Love to all of you.

kimbob said...

I'm sorry you guys got it, how? That is crazy and hope that you continue to be healthy and the others will get feeling better soon. I wish I was closer to help but if you need anything please let me know!

Pamela Vineyard Boucher said...

Hi Mel, Mike, Mylee, and Zack, I'm so sorry that you guys came down with H1N1, hopefully you're all on the road to recovery and feeling much better by now. I am being SO careful and have little bottles of hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE!! Take care! Pam