Monday, August 24, 2009

PINK

I'm so far behind on all that I want to blog... but here is a little update to get started.

Remember the good old days when I would post about burning popcorn and putting my pants on backward? Well this time I tried to burn my kitchen down! Yep, I put a gift bag on the back of the stove and then proceeded to turn the burner on under it (instead of the burner with the pot of water on it) and go in the other room to change a diaper. Luckily our fire extinguisher was sufficient and a LOT of cleaning has taken the majority of the smell out. I was home alone when I found the flames, but Mike pulled up as I was putting Zach down on the front lawn and running back in for Mylee. Can anyone tell me when I can expect to get my brain back - or is it lost for good?

Zach's last appointment went ok. They did an ultrasound and the tumor is still there. They said they couldn't be sure it was shrinking from our last appointment, but they are confident it is not growing. I guess we'll take what we can get! His other test all showed "no increased activity" so we are still on the same course.

Over the past week I've had three different doctors reiterate what a miracle this is. No one knows why a malignant tumor would act this way, but we are so glad that it is! It is a miracle.

The other day Mylee came up to me and said solemnly "I've got bad news and I've got silly news." Interested, I asked her to go on. She said "the bad news is that my clip fell down the vent, and the silly news is that I can't learn to go potty on the toilet." (Yep, we're back in diapers!)

Mike and I were trying to decide what color ot paint the kitchen (because somebody set this fire...) and Mylee said "I think our house should be pink." Then driving in the car she said "Mom, I wish our car was pink." Sorry kid, no chance.

5 comments:

Circe said...

Boy, I've missed you! You have me cracking up. I love the silly news. I would classify that as devastating news, but all things in good time, especially potty training! I love that you tried to burn the house down. My mind is gone, too. I hope it comes back.

Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phillip and Mary said...

Great update. I'm so glad Zach is doing so well! Love you!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you got the fire out okay! And good luck with the potty training! Just think, it WILL HAVE happen at some point! I have to say that of all parenting things that I hate, that has to be a #1 or #2 (it rivals breastfeeding)!

KayDe said...

Oh, Melinda, you make me happy! Sorry about the brain- mine is gone for good! Did I tell you about the time when I was pregnant and wrote the check number in the amount part of the check when I was writing a $15 copay to the eye doctor? His office called and asked what I wanted them to do with the other $538 dollars I had sent them!!! A mother's brain is a noble sacrifice to bring children into the world!