Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mel's Home!

Hi all! I'm home - but so exhausted - so I'll make this short and write more later. Official diagnosis is a neuroblastoma, but blessedly it fits into the "watch and observe category." All signs are good that it will go away on its own within the 90 week observation time, if it grows/acts up/or doesn't go away within that time frame they will operate. But, if it behaves and goes away, than no further action need be taken.

We have a few years of worry ahead of us, but we are so so so filled with hope that he'll be fine. And we are super excited that he likely won't need to have surgery.

He will likely come home next week - he's got some little issues to still work out (like that he still hasn't eaten food and isn't urinating often enough and has jaundice....)

Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts and help. We'll keep you updated.

7 comments:

Linn said...

Hope you get some rest Melinda and as always, we are praying hard!

Jennifer said...

Glad you're home and will pray for a quick homecoming for precious Zachary. Can I make you dinner for Monday night?

Circe said...

Finally, some good, solid news that is hopeful. In fact, it sounds great! He is so beautiful. I hope you can rest while the doctors take care of Zachary for a few days. What a crazy time!

Phillip and Mary said...

All I have to say is...He guides the future as He has the past. I LOVE YOU! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Merrill Family said...

Wow, that sounds like wonderful news!! We will keep praying for a continued miracle that it just goes away all together. We are so glad that things are going so well. Welcome home.

kimbob said...

I am so glad to hear the news and glad to hear he'll be home soon. Now that you're home I hope you get some needed rest. I was up at Primary's Thursday and read (after I got home) you had him and that he was there. If I only would have known! Sure love you!

GChinn said...

Great news! Good vibes are traveling your way. Can't wait to see him. Get rest!